Knowledge VS Truth

When I was doing research for my assignment last week, I found this article talking about the difference between Knowledge and Truth. I agree with the author’s explanation of what is knowledge, but I still not quite sure what is truth? I will be please, if someone could give me example or further explanation. Thanks.

There is the article:

若是描述得不夠仔細, 很可能狗也能成為.

所以不管我們用什麼語言

用什麼知識來描述我們對貓的理解
它總是不完整的
知識是一直可以被修正
Reference : http://organiclearning.pixnet.net/blog/post/15507406
(if you read the author’s photo from the link, you will find that he looks one of our professors. ha ha)

Posted in KM.

Tagged with .

1. LI Siu Wai says

Paul,

Agree that 知識不是真理.

Here the article starts with the discussion with the assumption that ‘ 其實真理是存在大自然裡面的, 也是神創造的一部分’. The scientists may object on this.

The subject about God, it is very sensitive and arguable. Recently I have visited Jordan and Syria that with the dominant of Muslims. I got a strong feel that ‘Believe’ is the ‘Truth’.

2. Amy says

Siu Wai/Paul,

Belief = Truth? Somewhat like ‘you believe it is true, then it is true.’

Pual, the author really looks like our proffessor – BC. ha…

3. Anthony says

Copied from http://forums.philosophyforums.com/threads/truth-vs-belief-vs-knowledge-12425.html

Knowledge is what you know. It can be true, it can be false.

Belief is what you believe, and you may not even know what you truly believe.

But you can only know if you believe. For example if you disbelieve your senses you can never know what you see.

Truth is what’s real. But we cannot really know what’s real. We believe it is out there, and we believe that somehow via knowledge we can get some glimpse of it, but we just don’t know, it may be entirely unknowable. Yet we strived for it. The reasons we do so can be pragmatic, because it is useful, or aesthetic, because it is beautiful, or necessary, because it gives meaning to life.
    =======================
    More to add later

4. Paul says

I think I understanding more about the truth from The last post of forum.
    In summary,
    truth is real;
    knowledge what we know;
    knowledge also means our justified true believe;
    what we know should be somthing we believes, but we never knows it is true of false, it also depends on our sense.

Argee?

Now I understanding what is the meaning of the message from X-file “The truth is out here” and X-File could completely explain what is Truth, Belief and Knowledge.

By the way, does anyone watch “鋼之練金術師” on Saturday night? Do you What is the message/meaning of “真理之門” in the cartoon?

5. Anthony says

In this circumstances, it is more alike “The Matrix” than 鋼之練金術師

真理之門 is a representation of all knowledge in that world.
    Find the Truth of 賢者之石 is just the prologue of the story, how to deal with the truth is the real content

6. Anthony says

成篇文實在太大獲, 我仲以為是一d年輕人寫既

我試下比較客觀咁comment下呢篇文…

>真理是所謂永遠不變的道理才叫做真理

我不知道這句”永遠不變的道理->真理”是必要條件還是充份且必要條件, 再討論下去也沒意思
    不然我阿媽係女人都是真理了

>其實真理是存在大自然裡面的
    >也是神創造的一部分

創造論本身已經是一種信仰, 基於這個不能證明的前提,其實下文再看也沒邏輯上的意義
    (我的邏輯知識基本上都還李天命了… 名詞都忘了)

>即使像貓這麼簡單的一個知識概念
    >其實它也都不是絕對的

請參考 “特修斯之船” 的哲學故事

我相信某一物體是貓是因為我”相信”那物體是貓 (sense making)
    In the process of sense making, we make use of knowledge to help us, that’s all

活的差不多夠久的時候, 哲學和邏輯真的要好好再唸一下

7. Siu Wai says

Amy, the ‘Believe’ is the ‘Truth’ that I mentioned is referring to what I have observed in the world of the Muslims. They are simple – QUR’AN is everything. Certainly this is not the same situation for non-Muslims.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.